Description of Gonorrhea test:
Gonorrhea is a STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease), after Chlamydia the most common, caused by a bacteria (N. gonorrhoeae). The bacteria nestles in the mucosa of the vagina, penis, anus, throat or eyes. The infection originates with unprotected sex with someone who is infected.
The result is obtained in 10 minutes after the sample has collected.
Gonorrhea is a sexually transmitted infection caused by the bacteria Neisseria gonorrhoeae (N. gonorrhoeae), that grow in warm, moist areas of the body including the tube that carries urine out of the body. According to the CDC (Centers for Disease Control), it is the second most commonly reported disease in the United States.Any sexually active person can be infected with gonorrhea.Risk Factors:
- Do not use a condom during sex.
- Have multiple sexual partners.
- Have a partner with a past history of any sexually transmitted disease.
- Have a drug addiction.
The best way to prevent gonorrhea or any STD is to practice abstinence, or not having vaginal, oral, or anal sex and having only one partner.
The symptoms usually appear two to five days after the person becomes infected.For women symptoms include:
- Pain or burning when passing urine.
- Increased urinary frequency.
- Yellow and bloody vaginal discharge.
- Bleeding between menstrual periods.
- Pain during sex.
Content of Gonorrhea test:
- Product information and directions;
- 1 Individually pouched test (test device includes swab).
This product is CE marked and intended only for the use of health care professionals. The test is not intended for use by lay persons and the performance and safety of the test have not been assessed in home use.