Description of Cardiovascular disease risk test:
- simple and reliable home test determining Cardiovascular disease;
- no extra hassle or several equipment involved, just a single painless swab to work with;
- easy to use, non-invasive buccal test samples collection swabs;
- safe and secure transport pouch to protect and provide a stable environment for the genetic sample during transport;
- clear and easy to follow instructions on how to take the sample.
Cardiovascular diseases are various disorders that affect the circulatory system.
Cardiovascular diseases take the 1st place among the causes of death worldwide, accounting for approximately 30% of deaths annually. Coronary artery disease and the stroke are the most common life-threatening conditions.
Risk factors(Types of cardiovascular diseases)
- Poor, unhealthy diet;
- Alcohol abuse;
- Sedentary lifestyle;
- Genetic predisposition;
- Electrolyte dysbalance;
- Arterial hypertension is a disease characterized by a sustained increased level of blood pressure upper the normal limit (140/90 mm Hg). The condition may be primary when there is no obvious reason why the blood pressure raises or secondary due to chronic kidney disease, aldosteronism, renovascular disease, Cushing syndrome, pheochromocytoma, coarctation of the aorta, thyroid or parathyroid disease, etc. Increased blood pressure damages internal organs – the heart, brain, kidneys and the arteries(Types of cardiovascular diseases).
- Atherosclerosis and coronary artery disease/ischemic artery disease – atherosclerosis is caused by the plaques build up in the arteries and narrow the vessels and reduces blood supply to the tissues. This causes angina pectoris, myocardial infarction and as a result may lead to acute/chronic heart failure.
- Peripheral arterial disease is the narrowing of the arteries of the limbs and decreased blood supply due to the plaque formation. The common symptom of the condition is intermittent claudication – leg pain that occurs during walking and resolves with rest. Ulcers on the legs may be seen, the extremities appear cold and somewhat bluish, later they may become atrophic(Types of cardiovascular diseases).